so it’s the time of year when we’ve probably all made the resolutions that we will stick to for the whole of 48 hours before being religated to the other many resolutions that we’ve previously made, broken and would prefer to forget all about.
it would be easy for me to list the usual suspects, such as losing weight, taking more exercise, drinking less etc – but i know the reality of the situation. i like hobnobs so losing weight is probably out of the question, i work hard and have little spare time, so taking more exercise (bad though it sounds) probably isn’t top of my priority list and as for drinking less, well that’s all very well until you hit a party! i tend to find in the party situation that resolutions don’t spring to mind, where as “yes please” does!
so this year, i’ve decided to make my resolutions about things that i would like to achieve rather than change my ways (i’m an old dog now, so it’s too late to teach me new tricks!)… here’s my hit list….
- *make a more conscious effort to see more of my friends
- *see a live band at least once a month
- *clean bird poo from my car within 1 day of noticing it to prevent having to pay for the car to be re-sprayed
- *take professional dance lessons
- *try and live each day happier than the last
so here’s to a happy and healthy 2007 – may it bring much happiness, new friends and fun times along the way…