so I didn’t learn that alchohol and social gatherings with Ben don’t mix. I had been trying to be the hostess with the mostest and had placed plenty of wine to be chilled and candles to add a glow to the room.
we were all getting on wonderfully and decided that it might be fun to do some shots – I’m sure that you can tell at this point that it was bound to end messily. A number of shots later, for some reason we thought that it would be fun to melt the tequila shot lids on the candles. Don’t ask!
I can’t quite remember how it happened but a tequila lid managed to get welded to my little finger. As if that wasn’t bad enough, Ben’s alchohol enduced medical expertise took hold and he decided to rip the lid from my finger. To this day, I have a scar on my finger!
things have been busy recently and I haven’t seen Ben for a while… needless to say, I haven’t had to visit the hospital for a while!